Saturday, May 26, 2007

cooking expertise

Since these are my vacation days and I've only little work of doing my summer project, I wanted to cook food myself...I told this idea to my mom and immediately she felt very happy. As usually about mothers it is common if we ask something related to kitchen stuff, they'll provide us the necessary requirements for our comfort, when I'm returning to college, she packed luggage which consists mainly of kitchen related stuff and even gave me many suggestions in cooking.

Now starts the important part [:D]. Initially for a few days it was really a great excitement to do cooking. But later on I came to know how difficult it was. Neways that's the other side of having less interest. As of now, with my friends I'm tryi
ng a lotta stuff. Main item which we do is maggi (as usual for every hostel student's fav stuff) and vegetable pulav. Everyone like the taste of the food which I prepare. To know this I think you can see the comments for this post[:D].

I feel that Pulav was the tastiest one and yummiest item which we've prepared till now. As usually I always take the part of cooking, where bringing requirements for the preparation was taken by Anups, Shalz and Spandy(Spandy u always go to violin class and skip no??[x(]). Remember the easiest work which we do is preparing pulav with egg fry. One should see how we really work during the preparation [:)].I dont think we do any work with such a concentration even our assignments :) bec
ause experience is that some times if we dont put concentration during making fry, they'll become as black as a charcoal[:D]. Neways had a great experience in cooking and hope I won't cook like a novice after such a great experiences and experiments in the future.

ohh srry I forgot one thing......I donno who got the idea of taking a snap during cooking.see the pic and u can judge now, whether ours will be tasty or not if we cook like this.Btw the snap is not ours [:P] scroll down to see the snap
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

6 comments:

Spandana said...

Well it sounds funny lyddi y did u mention tht i always skip whn we r cooking?? :(( Its like i have my violin class at the same time and i have to attend d class naa...but be honest I helped u right??I truly agree wid u its true tht we had never put such concentration in our assignments also . And the snap was so sweet great idea man ... lyddi rocks :).
And finally thnx for the tastiest pulav .. :P.Looking forward for more dishes ..:D

Anupama said...

Exciting..did seem our cooking venture..
ofcourse it proved to be a successful adventure..
Pulav and curry aren't everything that we shared,
Its the fun and happiness at which the other people just glared,
awaiting many more recipes from your
tasty kitchen,
Hopefully all vegetarian not any sea food or chicken:D,
Snap idea is too cute and it takes the cake away,
Its your cooking talent that bathes all of us in dismay!!!

Namrata said...

Nice post and nice snap!

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds quite good except for the fact that you have never offered me a single dish of yours [X-(]..thats too bad...[:P]

Aditya said...

a good post to share your experiences of your tryst with cooking....hope u have a great future in this field too [:D]....btw i have some serious doubts....how were you able to cook in the hostel....an electric stove??...don't the wardens know when they can smell something delicious :)....and was the mess food so bad that it forced you people to start cooking in your rooms [:O]...???and last but not the least should appreciate your collective effort...i guess a lot goes into cooking veg pulav ...right from purchasing vegetables,cutting them,then getting all the other ingredients (read oil,spices,etc) from home or from a nearby shop and cook it to perfection!!!!....hats off to your commitment in cooking a delicious(i hope it turned out that way....[:)]) meal!!!.....

S said...

Cooking...hmm... interesting activity in a hostel room... :p
BTW..dont wonder who I am... I am sowmya V.B.
http://vbsowmya.wordpress.com