Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Buggered TV in GH

Actually I thought of posting this a longtime back. Since time was not sufficient, I couldn't do that. Now I've got the oppurtunity to write about our GH(Girls Hostel)'s wonderfully buggered Television.

Once upon a time I was addicted to this idiotic box. God gave me victory over that. Thank you dear LORD.Whenever I get bored I read newspaper or I watch television that too my favourites are Discovery, National Geographic, BBC, TV9 channels. If ever I watch TV, I only watch these channels.

Now coming to the main part, when I'm in 1st yr, remote was not working properly. So, everyone started using the buttons of the TV. Whoever wants to operate them, sits next to it and operates it. Sometimes there were quarrels too because the girl who sits beside it and operates, watches her favourite channel and all should watch only that. If she watches for a long time and if somebody gets irritated with it, then ask her to change the channel.If she refuses, then quarrel will start or simply they'll walk off the TV lounge.

After somedays means, I dont remember the exact sem in which I'm in... may be during the 3rd sem, volume button was damaged and we couldn't adjust the volume. Later channel buttons were also damaged and funny thing was that if we were watching 23rd number channel and want to go to 15th or even 22th, then we need to go on till 100th and from 100th again 1,2,......finally whatever channel we wanted. This was too funny. At this moment not only the buttons are not working but also the picture is not visible and the TV lounge is deserted with no one over there. Many students mailed BLN(our hostel caretaker), but it was of no use.

Everytime I pass by the TV lounge, I remember the days when TV lounge was full and most of the students watched the programmes standing. In these holidays since most of us are staying here to do summer projects, whenever we get bored, we don't have that option to watch TV for atleast sometime. I donno when that will be repaired. Hope that it will be repaired soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

lyddi Nice post.Why don't u take an iitiative in approaching bln sir for this?.neways keep blogging.

Aditya said...

Why dont you people contact "bln sir" personally or all of you sign a petition letter and give it to him!!!...seriously these many days without the TV functioning is kind of hard to digest...!!!i have a doubt on this post too.....when there are cricket matches or for that matter any sporting event of importance how do you people manage without a tv!!!???[:O]